Wednesday, March 30, 2016

The Last Hoorah!

The last day of the term was kind of like an open day that we had earlier in January, except a lot more fun! They call the day Our Day. All of the students brought in their own lunches, the tables were set up differently into a circle, and there were a lot of games. Some of the students even brought in gifts of appreciation for the teachers. Most of the gifts I received were drinks and food, but there was one student who gave me a beautiful pair of earrings. 

After lunch we played music and the kids could do more playing and dancing.

One of the sisters that works in the office took me out to buy me a few things to take back from Ghana. She really went overboard on buying me things. I like all of the things especially because they are handmade, but if I told her I liked something that automatically meant that she would buy it for me. 


I was supposed to leave Ghana on Thursday night, but the airline overbooked my flight and they ended up not having space for me on the flight. So, I tried to keep my emotions from showing too much, I was tried and just wanted to go home, and I felt that I controlled myself a lot better than some of the clearly unhappy customers. I knew that fighting with them wasn’t going to get me anywhere, so I kindly waited while they found another flight for me to take home. The hotel that they put me up in was really nice, even by American standards. I was to spend the night there and then the whole next day in the hotel until I left to go back to the airport. A good friend of mine that works at the school I was at came to the hotel on Friday to keep me company, so I wasn’t alone the whole time. I am very grateful for him and all of the people that I met in Ghana that made my time so wonderful. I already miss them very much!

No comments:

Post a Comment