Tuesday, March 22, 2016

My Final Weekend

I didn’t want to waste any of my time here, so I packed my weekend full of activities. Saturday I went with Doreen on our last program of my time here. We went to a charity event at a place called Children’s Park. The event was to raise money for children who are orphans and need help paying their school fees and improving the conditions of the schools they attend.

Afterwards Padiki and I decided to do some navigating of the market to buy some shoes and fabric! I love Ghanaian fabric and am excited bring some home to be made into a blanket. However, both of us generally know Madina, but not as well as we hoped. It’s a big place and we were not able to find everything that I hoped to find, but it was fun to do some shopping. 

Sunday I went to church with Auntie Monica and Padiki for the last time. The church service was long and they played a couple more songs than usual, so more dancing ensued. Afterwards Auntie Monica had me take pictures for the people in the church such as the pastors, worship team, and ushers.


Next stop was the beach. I spent Sunday afternoon and evening at the beach. I went swimming in the ocean and had fun with some great friends that I have met while here. I watched the sunset while floating in the waves of the ocean. It was the perfect way to end my last weekend here in Ghana. It is hard to believe that I have only a few days left here. 

No comments:

Post a Comment